Pages

Saturday 16 October 2021

26. English grammar exercise (drive) 16-10-2021 POSITIVE

drivedrovedriven - prowadzić.


Present continues.


I'm driving my car at the moment.

You're driving your car at the moment.

He's driving his car at the moment.

She's driving her car at the moment.

It's driving its car at the moment.

We're driving our cars at the moment.

You're driving your cars at the moment.

They're driving their cars at the moment.


They're driving their cars at the moment. (active voice)
Their cars are being driven at the moment. (passive voice)


Present simple.


I drive my car every day.

You drive your car every day.

He drives his car every day.

She drives her car every day.

It drives its car every day.

We drive our cars every day.

You drive your cars every day.

They drive their cars every day.


He drives his car every day. (active voice)
His car is driven every day. (passive voice)


Past simple.


Last time I drove my car two days ago.

Last time you drove your car two days ago.

Last time he drove his car two days ago.

Last time she drove her car two days ago.

Last time it drove its car two days ago.

Last time we drove our cars two days ago.

Last time you drove your cars two days ago.

Last time they drove their cars two days ago.


Last time we drove our cars two days ago. (active voice)
Last time our cars were driven two days ago. (passive voice)


Future simple.


I'll drive my car on holiday tomorrow.

You'll drive your car on holiday tomorrow.

He'll drive his car on holiday tomorrow.

She'll drive her car on holiday tomorrow.

It'll drive its car on holiday tomorrow.

We'll drive our cars on holiday tomorrow.

You'll drive your cars on holiday tomorrow.

They'll drive their cars on holiday tomorrow.


She'll drive her car on holiday tomorrow. (active voice)
Her car will be driven on holiday tomorrow. (passive voice)


First conditional
(if + present simple + future simple).

If I fix my car I'll drive to my work tomorrow.

Second conditional (If I were)
(if + past simple + would).

If I fixed my car I would be able to drive to my work tomorrow. (I'm not a mechanic.)


Present perfect.


I've driven the car five times this week.

You've driven the car five times this week.

He's driven the car five times this week.

She's driven the car five times this week.

It's driven the car five times this week.

We've driven the car five times this week.

You've driven the car five times this week.

They've driven the car five times this week.


He's driven the car five times this week. (active voice)
The car has been driven five times this week. (passive voice)


Past continues
(was/were + present participle +ing).

They were driving their cars on the road at this time last year. (active voice)
Their cars were being driven on the road at this time last year. (passive voice)


Past continues (2)
(past continues + when + past simple)


They were driving their cars on the road when the weather was bad.


Past continues (3)
(past continues + while + past continues)


They were driving their cars on the road while I was trying to sleep yesterday.