Pages

Sunday 7 November 2021

48. English grammar exercise (hold) 07-11-2021 QUESTIONS

 holdheldheld - trzymać.


Present continues.


Am I holding the real parrot in my hands?

Are you holding the real parrot in your hands?

Is he holding the real parrot in his hands?

Is she holding the real parrot in her  hands?

Is it holding the real parrot in its hands?

Are we holding the real parrots in our hands?

Are you holding the real parrots in your hands?

Are they holding the real parrots in their hands?


Are they holding the real parrots in their hands? (active voice)
Are the parrots being hołd in their hands? (passive voice)


Present simple.


Do I always hold hands in pockets?

Do you always hold your hands in pockets?

Does he always hold hands in pockets?

Does she always hold hands in pockets?

Does it always hold hands in pockets?

Do we always hold hands in pockets?

Do you always hold hands in pockets?

Do they always hold hands in pockets?


Do they always hold hands in pockets? (active voice)
Are hands held in pockets? (passive voice)


Past simple.


Did I hold my hands in my pocket at school today? (active voice)

Were my hands held in my pocket? (passive voice)


Future simple.


Will I hold my hands on a steering wheel tomorrow? (active voice)

Will my hands be held  on a steering wheel tomorrow? (passive voice)


First conditional
(if + present simple + future simple).

If it very cold outside I'll be hold my hands in my pocket.


Second conditional (If I were)
(if + past simple + would).

If I was rude I would hold my hands in my pocket at the church.


Present perfect.


Have you held your umbrella inside your car? (active voice)

Has your umbrella been held inside your car? (passive voice)


Past continues
(was/were + present participle +ing).


Were you holding your hands on a steering wheel all the road? (active voice)

Were your hands being held on a steering wheel all the road? (passive voice)


Past continues (2)
(past continues + when + past simple)


Were you holding your hands on a steering wheel when you drove your car in the morning?


Past continues (3)
(past continues + while + past continues)


Were you holding your hands on a steering wheel while you were driving your car in the morning?