Pages

Wednesday 17 November 2021

58. English grammar exercise (lay) 17-11-2021 NEGATIVE

 

laylaidlaid - kłaść.

Present continues.


I'm not laying my hands on the table. (active voice)

My hands aren't being laid on the table. (passive voice)


Present simple.


I usually don't lay my hands to pockets. (active voice)

My hands usually aren't laid to pockets. (passive voice)


Past simple.


I didn't lay my laptop on the sofa yesterday.(active voice)

My laptop wasn't laid on the sofa yesterday. (passive voice)


Future simple.


I won't lay my laptop on the sofa tomorrow.(active voice)

My laptop won't be laid on the sofa tomorrow. (passive voice)


First conditional
(if + present simple + future simple).

If I lay my laptop outside the building overnight, the laptop may get wet.


Second conditional (If I were)
(if + past simple + would).


If I laid my laptop outside the building overnight, the laptop would get wet.


Present perfect.


I have never laid shoes on a table. (active voice)

Shoes have never been laid on a table. (passive voice)


Past continues
(was/were + present participle +ing).


I was laying a book on the table yesterday. (active voice)

A book was laying on table yesterday. (passive voice)


Past continues (2)
(past continues + when + past simple)


I was laying a book on the table when I finished it.


Past continues (3)
(past continues + while + past continues)


I was laying a book on the table while I was doing break.